Thursday, April 5, 2012

GPU Final: Week 4

ok. I admit I lied to you.

I said I won't be working this week on GPU final but I just cannot stop.

Things are going well but slowly. I've been spend the first few days trying to figure out how to build a KDtree on GPU for the scene. Then I found out that is too hard and too heavy paper reading. So in the following days I've been working on the photons parts.

By now the photons part has pretty much been done. Here's a video rendering all the photons out based on the same scene of ray tracer. It's still capable to running in real time with 40K photons.

For the next step, I'll start to build the KD tree for photons so that I could finish the gathering part way much faster. For the photon part I've been spend a whole day on stream compaction just because of a weird unknown system error which would only occur in debug mode. Damn it wasted me around 12 hours. Anyway I solved that problem.

I like this feeling of exploring unknown things. I wish I could get some good result next week. Good luck to me!HAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment